Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Day Two

September 2

Write about one piece of technology that you would like to try this year, and why. 

Wow, how to limit it to just one?  And does this literally mean just to try, or does it mean to try and use successfully? Repeatedly? 

As a Digital Immigrant, there are days that I feel like I am mastering the language and customs of the land.  And then there are the days where I not only speak a foreign language, I believe that I am incapable of learning a new one. 

So, what technology for this year? I am fortunate to have a Promethean (form of Smart board) in my classroom.  This year I would like to learn to use it to its fullest capacity, rather than just a fancy electronic chalkboard and screen.  

 

1 comment:

  1. My biggest struggle with my smart board is the number of cords needed to project and interact. I often forget to plug in the pens.

    We are getting new computers which will work wirelessly, they tell me. The learning curve is step in the land of technology. The natives are restless for the new technology. Not the same for the immigrants!

    ReplyDelete